What happens to the loan balance if my vehicle is deemed a total loss?

In the event that your vehicle is declared a total loss, Bear River Mutual will provide payment for the cash value of the covered loss, after deducting the applicable deductible. However, if there is still an outstanding loan balance on your vehicle, you will be responsible for settling that amount. To ensure that any remaining balance is covered, it is advisable to consider purchasing gap insurance. Your independent agent can provide you with various options and help you understand whether obtaining gap insurance is necessary in your situation. They are available to assist you in making an informed decision about protecting yourself from potential financial gaps.

Leave a Reply