Utah Dwelling Insurance | Bear River Mutual

Dwelling Insurance

Bear River Mutual writes Dwelling Insurance on personally owned homes, buildings, duplexes, and fourplexes. Unlike homeowner insurance, dwelling insurance is typically written for rental properties. Our independent agents are experts in helping you understand when dwelling insurance is the best choice for your particular needs.



Dwelling refers to the structure of your home or property that is used primarily as living space, as well as any structures that are attached to the house. Also, materials and equipment that are used in the construction or repair of the dwelling and that are located on, or next to, the property, are also covered.

Other Structures:

Other structures on the property that are not attached to the home directly are also provided coverage. A detached garage or storage shed are typical examples.

Other Considerations:

Dwelling coverage is less understood by many people. If you own any residential rental property talk to your agent to discuss what kinds of options are available and to see if Dwelling Insurance is right for you.