If your home has been damaged, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Ensure Safety: First and foremost, prioritize the safety of yourself and your family. If there are any immediate hazards, such as structural damage or electrical issues, evacuate the premises and seek professional assistance if needed.
- Consult Your Independent Agent: It may be beneficial to contact your independent agent for advice and guidance as you begin your claim. They can offer valuable insights and help you determine if filing a claim is the right course of action for your situation.
- Mitigate Further Damage: Providing you can do so safely, take necessary measures to prevent additional damage to your home. This may include actions such as covering exposed areas with tarps or boards, shutting off the water supply if there is a plumbing issue, or turning off the electricity if there is an electrical problem. These initial steps can help minimize the extent of the damage.
- Document the Damage: Once the situation is safe, document the damage by taking photographs or videos. This evidence will be valuable when filing your insurance claim.
- Contact Us: After ensuring safety and mitigating further damage, you can begin the claims process. You have two options:
- Online Claims Process: Visit our website to initiate your claim online. Follow the instructions provided to submit the necessary information and documentation.
- Contact our Representatives: If you prefer personalized assistance, you can reach out to one of our representatives directly at 801-267-5000. They will guide you through the claims process and address any questions or concerns you may have.
Remember, taking immediate action to mitigate further damage is crucial. Once you’ve ensured safety and documented the damage, contact us or initiate the online claims process to begin the necessary steps towards restoring your home.