Customer Service Representative
Responsible for performing a wide variety of functions for Administrative Services department and other departments within Bear River Mutual. Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, including insured’s, claimants, and agents. Supports management and maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding decisions made on behalf of Bear River. Projects the company’s professional image.
May be expected and required to work overtime from time to time, as needed, depending on the circumstances.
This position may be working from 10 am to 7 pm at some point.
We have one full time and one part time schedule available.
Essential Job and basic duties:
- Verifies and assigns FNOL reports received from Lynx.
- Inputs information for FNOL Roadside Assistance reports submitted by Lynx and assigns to the appropriate employee.
- Sets up FNOL reports via phone and incoming mail.
- Monitors and returns messages received in the Call Center voicemail box as assigned.
- Resolves general inquiries and/or problems for callers and walk-ins for the Underwriting, Claims, and Accounting departments.
- Takes credit card payments via phone.
- Imports Claims Fax folder documents to appropriate employee.
Other Job Functions:
- Enters hours worked into ADP daily.
- Functions as a backup for daily CSR tasks when required or assigned.
- Completes special projects and assumes responsibility for related duties when required or assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic Insurance key terms, and concepts.
- Basic understanding of business service functions.
- Knowledge of related computer applications.
- Two years Insurance background required preferred.
- 1-2 years of Customer Service experience required.
- Strong typing abilities.
- Good communication and public relations skills.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Willing to cooperate with and assist others.
- Able to use PC, printer, phones, and basic business equipment.
To apply, send an email and attach a copy of your current resumé (Word or PDF format only) to our Human Resources department.